- Create your own listicle tag, using the prompt from the person who tagged you.
- Tag the creator of the post, not-so-modern-girl, so that I can read all your brilliant posts and see how the joy of listicles is being spread.
- Nominate as many people as you want!
- Set those people the subject/prompt of their listicle post!
Top Five Book Characters You’d Replace So You Could Live their Adventures
(Spoilers below for these books!)
1. Imogen from Invictus // I would looove to replace Imogen as a time traveller on Invictus. She’s constantly upbeat and positive, but can also be the voice of reason when needed. She befriends animals and dyes her hair using hair chalks. What’s not to love about her life?
2. Lazlo from Strange the Dreamer // Swapping places with Lazlo would be perfect, as I’d get to spend time in a huge library and then discover I had incredible powers and use them to save everyone, which is honestly one of my favourite character tropes. Lazlo is also an underdog, but has moments where he gets to prove himself to everyone and I’m a sucker for an underdog triumphing.
3. Lila from A Darker Shade of Magic // Ah, what I wouldn’t give to swap places with my Queen Delilah Bard. She’s resourceful, intelligent, and has a sharp sense of humour. She’s a pirate, magician, and traveller, and has one of the best clothing styles around. One I’d got over my constant urge to pick-pocket people, I think I’d enjoy living in her shoes.
4. Celia from The Night Circus // Celia has pretty incredible powers, but she has a tough time taking part in her father’s ongoing magical duel. But she lives in the mesmerising world of the circus, and that’s the real draw for me. Being surrounded by so many mystical and enigmatic people and getting to perform every night would be amazing.
5. Inej from Six of Crows // Although no-one can replace Inej, I’d love to give it a go. I’d get to be a knife-wielding acrobatic, who could sneak up on anyone and would get to be best buds with Nina. I’d happily spend the rest of my life with Kaz and the dregs. No arguments here.
Those are my five picks for this tag. I wonder if there could be a theme going on here… Oh yes that’s right. It’s magic. I love books with magic and basically want to drop myself into any world where magic exists. Aside from Invictus, which is a sci-fi novel, all of these books are fantasy and have that spark of enchantment that always draws me in.
If they’d like to do this, I tag: