I was nominated for this award by the wonderful Louise @ALittleFoolReads, who thought up some fab questions that I’m excited to answer! Definitely check out Louise’s answers to the tag if you haven’t already.
- Thank blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
A Little Fool Reads’s Questions
1. What are your top three favourite book covers?
These are three of the most gorgeous book covers I’ve ever seen. I’ve read A Darker Shade of Magic (although not the French edition, which is what this is) and Retribution Rails, but not A Million Worlds Without You, which I’m hoping to eventually read because it’s so beautiful (and the series sounds good).
2 . Which Harry Potter character do you relate to the most?
Probably Luna, I enjoy her whimsy and I also have long blonde hair and tend to wear clashing colours and patterns together. I like to hope I’m a little more pragmatic than Luna, but I always enjoyed her optimism and quiet ingenuity.
3. Favourite reading snack?
Usually a banana chopped and dipped in peanut butter (eaten alongside my a cup of tea).
4. What are your top five favourite authors?
In no particular order (but everyone knows my fave):
5. Have you ever written any fanfiction?
Oh absolutely. I’ve written Avengers, Star Trek, and Voltron fanfic, but I’m not going to disclose my username unfortunately. *winks*
6. What book to you tend to recommend to people the most?
I’m not even going to try and pretend it’s not A Darker Shade of Magic. It is.
ADSOM is my favourite series of all-time and I recommend it to friends, family, and strangers at every chance I get. If you’ve not read it you definitely should.
7. If you could get any book made into a film/television show, which would it be?
I would love to see Carry On adapted into a TV show. If done well, with realistic SFX for the magic and good characterisation I think it would be brilliant. We need more LGBTQIA+ shows with bi and gay main characters, and this would be a great addition to the growing canon, as it explores sexuality, friendship, and labels. I know Harry Potter already exists, but I’m probably one of the few people who think that Carry On is actually quite different to HP in a lot of ways. (Not least the rep.)
8. Who’s your no.1 book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Kell, from ADSOM, my angsty son.
9. What’s your reading goal for 2018? Are you on target so far?
I want to read 80 books in 2018 and so far I’m already four books behind. Send. Help. I’m hope to read a fair bit of manga and poetry over the coming weeks, so hopefully I’ll be able to catch up. I also want to read more own voices and LGBTQIA+ books. You can find my other goals in my 2018 Reading Goals post.
10. What’s your favourite read of 2018 so far?
Vicious by Victoria Schwab. This book is unlike anything I’ve ever read before. It’s about two college students who set out to attain superpowers, but then slowly start to become the villains of their own story. Masterfully plotted and exquisitely written, this book is completely unique from start to finish.
11. What’s your favourite type of blog posts to make?
I love writing features and discussion posts, and I really enjoy reviewing books, but I’m way behind with the my reviews at the moment.
I’m going to tag these wonderful bloggers, who definitely bring a little sunshine to my day:
- If you could spend a day hanging out with one author who would it be?
- If you use libraries, what’s your favourite thing about them?
- You can bring any meal or item of food from a book to life. What do you choose?
- What was the last bookish event you went to?
- What’s one thing you’d like to change about the book community?
- If you could have one book adapted into a Netflix series and it was GUARANTEED to be great, which would it be?
- What’s the most misleading blurb you’ve ever read?
- Paperback or ebook?
- What’s your favourite series of book covers?
- Is there a genre you want to read more of this year?
- What’s one of the unexpected pleasures of being a blogger?