Wow, where did February go? One minute the month had just begun and the next March had arrived. February is such a short month anyway, but this was compounded by the fact that I was on holiday for a week of it, so I didn’t actually get that much reading time in.
These are the books I’d planned to read in February (emphasis on planned):
Aaaaand these were the books I actually read:
I suppose six out of eight books isn’t bad, but I didn’t manage to read any more of Blue Exorcist, despite it being so enthralling, and I didn’t get round to The Belles AGAIN. The upside is, I finally managed to finish The Beast’s Heart after two months of trying to get through it. Bad news is I didn’t like it. I’ll have a full review up closer to the release date (in May), but in short there was too much male entitlement and there were elements of toxic masculinity that I didn’t enjoy at all.
On the plus side, I absolutely flew through the first few volumes of No.6 this month because it’s a great manga. The plot is pacy and the characters become more and more interesting with each volume. I’ll be reading volumes 4 and 5 in March and I’m sure they’ll be just as good.
Hero At The Fall and Love, Hate & Other Filters were both great in completely different ways. Hero was action-packed, thrilling and a brilliant end to the trilogy, while Love, Hate was a cute romance that tackled big issues such as Islamophobia and hate crimes.
The Beast’s Heart
Love, Hate & Other Filters
Hero At The Fall
No.6 Volume 1
No.6 Volume 2
No.6 Volume 3
This month I finally hauled all the books I got over Christmas and in January.
(Belated) Christmas and January Book Haul
I also posted my first ever subscription box unboxing. I was lucky enough to receive a trial box from Rainbow Book Box, so I posted a round up of their January box.
Rainbow Book Box January Unboxing
I also posted about books I’m in a ‘long-distance relationship with’ for a fun/jokey Valentine’s Day post.
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’m in a long-distance relationship with
February was short, sweet, and packed with intense bursts of fun. I had a great month, and these were some of my highlights:
- I went on holiday to Croatia with my boyfriend and we spent the week exploring museums, markets, and old town lanes.
- I found three amazing vegan restaurants while in Croatia and tried seitan for the first time. (It was delicious!)
- It was my boyfriend’s birthday this month and I got him some exciting presents, which he absolutely loved (thank goodness). He’s never been on the London Eye so one of the presents was tickets to go on it and spend a weekend in London.
- It snowed a lot in the UK, so I ended up working at home for half a week because all my trains were cancelled!
- I went to the Midlands Book Bloggers meet up and spent a brilliant day making new friends and seeing old ones. We went to Birmingham and visited the library, as well as spending copious amounts of time in Waterstones (of course).
Which books did you read in February? How was your month overall? Did you get up to anything exciting?