January was a pretty good month for me, as I visited my boyfriend, met up with friends, and went to see Alwyn Hamilton in conversation in Birmingham.
But for saying I had a fair bit of free time, I didn’t manage to read all that much.
This was my January TBR:
And these were the books I actually managed to pick up:
So I deviated slightly, but not by too much. Mainly, I’m just disappointed that I didn’t get to The Belles, because I’ve been desperate to read it for ages. I’ve also stalled a little on Blue Exorcist, since I got to the end of a really exciting plot arc and didn’t feel as motivated to continue. But the two volumes that I didn’t read will roll over to my February TBR. I’m still reading The Beast’s Heart (the plot is really slow), so that’ll be in next month’s wrap up too.
The Cruel Prince
An Enchantment of Ravens
A-Z Bookish Survey
The wonderful Hollie @hollieblog tagged me in the A-Z Bookish Survey, which asks you a question about your favourite books and reading habits from each letter of the alphabet. Needless to say, I had so much fun writing my answers down.
Tips for a successful Veganuary
As a vegan, I always get excited when people mention that they’re doing Veganuary (eating only vegan food for the whole of January) so I decided to write about a few tips and tricks that might help anyone having a go.
2018 Reading Goals
In 2017, I set myself some specific reading goals for the first time, so this year I decided to do it a second time and make it an official post that I’ll do each January from now on. This year’s goals are slightly tougher than last year, so good luck to me. (I’m going to need it.)
January always seems like a time for new beginnings, but I also took some time to reflect on last year, when I was in Japan, enjoying my final week in Osaka. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I was there, but the first month of 2018 was pretty good.
- I spent NYE and New Year’s day with my boyfriend, and it the first time we’d ever seen in the new year together. It was cosy and comforting, and very different to last year, when I saw in the new year at the biggest shrine in Osaka, with hundreds of other Japanese revelers and the new friends I’d made.
- I met up with friends in Sheffield I hadn’t seen in ages and we went to a board game cafe (which I would HIGHLY recommend).
- I went to see Alwyn Hamilton in conversation in Birmingham and got her to sign my newly-purchased copy of Hero At The Fall. While there I met up with Vicky @Hunguponbooks and two new book blogging friends, Ruby and Kirsty.
- I booked to go on holiday with my boyfriend for the first time (ever). We’re going to Zagreb in Croatia later in February, and I can’t wait!
- I made not one, but two vegan chocolate brownies and they went down a storm. You can now call me ‘culinary genius Kate’.
- I got my trial box of Rainbow Book Box’s first diverse box and the goodies were excellent. (I’ll be posting an unboxing shortly.)
- I finally finished Boys Over Flowers and I was SO MAD at the ending. The main character ended up with the rude, douchebag guy?! Rather than the cute, caring guy?! Not here for it.
What did you get up to in January? Did you read any five star books or new favourites?