You might have noticed that my October wrap up was suspiciously absent last month. That’s because I started NaNoWriMo and suddenly any time for blogging, reading, and watching my beloved k-dramas completely evapourated.
As a result, I’m doing my October and November wrap up all rolled into one. Since I only read one book in November, however, it’s mostly October reads. *cue nervous laughter*
This was my October TBR (I didn’t create a TBR for November because of Nanowrimo):
And these were the books I read:
So not a wholly productive few months, but I’m going to read plenty in December to make it up to my Goodreads goal! I’m also currently reading They Both Die At The End and The Gentleman’s Guide, so I’ve not forgotten about them and they should both be going in my December wrap up!
The Last Namsara
Forest of A Thousand Lanterns
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Japan
I’ve been missing Japan a lot recently, so I wrote about some of the truly interesting and unique aspects of the country.
Bookish Discussions: The Privilege of Owning Books
I talked about how owning books is a privilege that we rarely acknowledge, and what we can do to help others with limited access to books.
Cities I’d Love to Visit in Europe
After visiting Sweden, I was plagued with wanderlust, so I wrote about some of the other cities I want to visit in Europe.
I discussed my Nanowrimo plans at the end of October, and what I learned about myself as a writer from participating last year.
It’s been a pretty busy couple of months for me, with travel and writing.
- I went to Sweden with Hollie @hollieblog and had an amazing long weekend of adventures. I’m now a little bit in love with Stockholm’s architecture.
- I took part in Nanowrimo for the second time and managed to write 30k+ words, while also working full-time, commuting, and life-ing.
- My sister turned 21, so my parents and I went out to France to celebrate her birthday and spent a joyful a few days with her. We laughed a lot, walked a lot, and enjoyed the sunshine and good company.
- I managed to get tickets to see Dan and Phil on their UK tour next year, despite being at work when they went on sale. I’m pretty thrilled!
- My boyfriend and I met up for the weekend and went to see Thor: Ragnarok. It was literally everything. Give me a spin-off film about Tessa Thompson saving the universe as Valkyrie.
- I found a vegan advent calendar. Well, actually my mum found it. All hail my mum.
- My blog passed 400 followers! Thank you so much to each and every one of you for following and supporting me. I just want to say how much I appreciate you all for staying with me and reading my posts. When I get to 500 a giveaway is definitely coming your way!
How was your reading month? Did you take part in Nanowrimo, or have you been up to other exciting things? Let me know in the comments!