Although August was a washout in terms of weather, I had a good reading month and went on a few fun trips.
I managed to read 6 books this month, which I’m pleased with considering I had a few weekends away visiting friends.
These were the books I planned to read:
Aaaaand these were the books I actually read:
GUYS LOOK. I read ALL of the books I planned to except for one; I can’t believe I actually stuck to my TBR. I brought five of these six books back from YALC and actually kept my promise of reading some YALC ARCs this month. The only reason I read Moxie rather than The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue is because my ARC of Moxie is a paperback but my GGTVV is an e-book, and it’s much easier for me to take physical books on my commute. Hopefully I’ll finally read GGTVV this month.
ALSO. I. FINALLY. READ. A. CONJURING. OF. LIGHT.
AND IT WAS EVERYTHING.
But I haven’t reviewed it yet because I’m still not over it. (True story.)
Ratings and Reviews
A Conjuring of Light
Daughter of the Burning City
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe
The Rise of the Duology: The Good, The Bad and… (oh wait that’s it, it’s a two-part series)
This month I wrote about duologies and how they seem to be growing in popularity.
The Social Media Tag
I wanted to highlight about some wonderful bloggers that you should all definitely go and check out!
Top Ten Tuesday: LGBTQIA+ books all high school libraries should stock
I don’t remember coming across many LGBTQIA+ books in my high school library, so I discussed a few that I think should definitely be put on shelves.
- For the bank holiday I went to Devon and visited a friend who I haven’t seen for ages, and it was such a fun weekend.
- I went to Boston Tea Party for the first time (it’s a UK limited restaurant chain, which I’d now highly recommend) and had some amazing vegan brown rice porridge. Seriously, it tasted out of this world.
- I met up with my boyfriend in Birmingham and spent the weekend chilling.
- I finally bought some new running shoes (which doesn’t sound like a big deal, but I’ve been meaning to get some for 3 months) and they’re so comfortable and bouncy.
- I watched The Defenders on Netflix, and it. was. lit. It’s one of the best series I’ve been in a long time and I really hope they make more.
What did you read during August? Have you read any of the books I mentioned above and did you get up to anything fun? Let me know!