This tag looked like so much fun, so thank you to the wonderful Anna @MyBookishDream for tagging me! You should all definitely go and check out her blog!
The idea behind this tag is basically to answer the questions as fast as possible, so here we go.
1. eBook or Physical Book?
Nothing beats the smell and feel of a physical book.
2. Paperback or Hardback?
3. Online or In-Store Book Shopping?
In-store for the experience, online for the price and the moment it arrives.
4. Trilogies or Series?
5. Heroes or Villains?
6. A Book You Want Everyone to Read?
The Hate U Give by A. C. Thomas
7. Recommend an Underrated Book?
Hold Your Own by Kate Tempest for poetry.
Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien for prose.
8. The Last Book You Finished?
Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer.
9. The Last Book You Bought?
Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody.
10. Weirdest Thing You’ve Used as a Bookmark?
An unused plaster?
11. Used Books: Yes or No?
Yes. They’re (usually) cheap and well-loved, what’s not to like?
12. Top Three Favourite Genres?
Fantasy, YA, manga.
13. Borrow or Buy?
Buy. Even though I love my libraries.
14. Characters or Plot?
15. Long or Short Books?
16. Long or Short Chapters?
17. Name the First Three Books You Think of…
A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
18. Books that Make You Laugh or Cry?
It can be rare for either, but I slightly prefer the feeling of laughing at/with a book.
19. Our World or Fictional Worlds?
Always fictional worlds.
20. Audiobooks: Yes or No?
21. Do You Ever Judge a Book by its Cover?
All the time. I’ve just accepted it at this point.
22. Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptations?
Book to TV adaptations. There’s more scope to develop the storyline and characters faithfully because there’s simply more time.
23. A Movie or TV-Show You Preferred to its Book?
The Shannara Chronicles TV show. (The book is called The Elfstones of Shannara.)
24. Series or Standalones?
This was a lot of fun to do so I’m going to tag a few epic ladies who I think would enjoy it too:
If you’ve already done it or just don’t fancy it there’s no obligation at all. Equally, if I haven’t tagged you but you want to do it then go for it!