Thank you to the lovely Lizzie @StellarKittenBookReviews for nominating me! She writes great reviews so definitely go and check her out!
Quick warning: this post contains a major spoiler for The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, so if you haven’t read it please skip #7 of this post. Questions 1-6 and 8-11 contain no spoilers, but question 7 does so please only read it if you’ve read the book (or aren’t going to read it/don’t mind being spoiled).
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
1. What was your first post or book review?
Oh my. I’ve only been blogging for a year but I literally had to scale through my archives because I couldn’t remember my first review.
Turns out it was We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. (Don’t read it.) It’s so different (read: so bad) in comparison to my reviews now, but it’s interesting to see how my style/formatting choices have completely changed.
2. What are some of your hobbies (besides reading)?
It’s already a given, but I blog on here, which is one of my favourite things to do in my free time. I run almost ever day if I can and go to zumba classes and a weekly circuit class. I’m also going to join a spin class in the next few weeks. Basically I love sport (sorry, not sorry). I write poetry and stories (not nearly as much as I should) and I’m trying to learn Japanese (although I’d been quite lax with this since I came back from Japan). I also love watching anime and k-dramas.
3. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
V. E. Schwab of course. I mean, I already met her at YALC last year and will hopefully be meeting her again this year, but I’ve love to go for coffee with her or spend a day with her; she’s such a fascinating person.
4. If you could only watch one TV Show/Movie for the rest of the year, what would it be?
Kimi no na wa, or Your Name, the Japanese animated film I watched all the way back in January. It’s incredibly moving and beautiful, and it just struck a chord with something deep inside me.
I’m going to need like 500 packs of tissues though if that’s the only thing I’m watching until 2018.
5. If you could have/buy/get any three books right now, what would they be?
Oh my god oh my god. Way to put a girl on the spot. Ummm:
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
Vicious by V. E. Schwab
6. What is your favorite mythical creature?
It’s a tie between dragon and unicorn. Anyway, what do you mean mythical? They’re real, right.
7. If you could save any character from a book from dying, who would you save?
THIS QUESTION CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE BOOK THIEF.
SKIP TO WHERE YOU CAN SEE ‘END OF SPOILERS’ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED!
SPOILERS ARE IN BLUE!
Are they gone?
I was actually going to give a completely different answer to this question, but since the book it relates to has only just come out, I felt it was almost too spoilery.
So my answer instead is Hans Hubermann from The Book Thief. His death was so poignant and bittersweet, and I just wish he could have survived to watch Liesel grow up. His kindness and wisdom made him such a lovable character (possibly one of my favourites ever) and I was devastated when he died.
My heart physically hurt.
*END OF SPOILERS*
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
J-pop, K-pop, Epic rock, Epic classical, 80s synthpop, film soundtracks, and a bit of chart music.
A few examples are: Girls Generation, BTS, Garnidelia, Lisa, Radwimps, Two Steps From Hell, Hans Zimmer, The Pet Shop Boys, Eurythmics, the entire Mulan and Wonderwoman soundtracks, Haim, Lorde, Sia, and Pendulum.
9. What’s your favorite junk food/snack?
I’m vegan so this is a bit of a tough one for me, but probably peanut butter? I love that stuff.
10. Do you have a favorite blogger we should all check out?
Oooh this is a hard question! There are so many bloggers I love, so I’ll just list a few:
Jeann, Aila, and Jenna @HappyIndulgence
These ladies are original, creative, and innovative. They inspire me every time they post something new. Their content is fresh and exciting, so definitely go and check them out.
11. What is a book you would not recommend? Worst book ever, and you should stay away.
The Blazing Star. I was drawn in by the cover porn when I read it last year and it was a big mistake. The book was just so poorly written and the characters were either dislikeable, annoying, or bland. I’m sure some people will enjoy it, but it just wasn’t for me.
And anyone else who thinks it’ll be fun and wants to do it!
1. What first attracted you to blogging?
2. Where do you buy most of your books from?
3. Which author do you find most inspiring?
4. If you could learn any language at the drop of a hat, which one would you choose?
5. What would be your ideal magical power?
6. If you insert yourself into any book which would it be?
7. What’s the most exciting thing that’s happened to you so far this year?
8. If you have a pet (and are willing) please post a photo of them so we can all weep at their cuteness. If not, feel free to pick a fun alternative photo.
9. Which Harry Potter House are you in? (Asking the important questions.)
10. Where’s your favourite place to read?
11. And finally, if you could have free tickets to any book expo or convention in the world, which would you choose?
Thanks for stopping by!