Hope you’ve all had a great month! June was particularly fun for me, as it was my birthday and I got lots of books that have been on my TBR for ages. I posted a full birthday book haul in case you want to check it out. I also started my new job and enjoyed the phenomenal heat wave that hit the UK for a week. (It was 29 C guys, we were melting.)
I also did a lot of reading this month, so here’s my round up.
As usual, I’ll run through the books I planned to read first, which were:
And these are the books I actually read:
Eight out of ten isn’t bad, although I diverged from my TBR slightly because I picked His Frozen Fingertips up for a blog tour (coming on 6th July). I also discovered a cute new webtoon, Lumine, (bottom left) while reading the newest chapters of Noblesse. It’s about a young werewolf boy who is tasked with protect a young witch and is very cute.
I’m also currently reading Eating Animals (still), Do Not Say We Have Nothing, and The Raven King (the Nora Sakavic book, not the Maggie Stiefvater one – I read the latter last year) so I stayed pretty much within my TBR.
Ratings and reviews:
Let Them Eat Chaos
Days of Blood and Starlight
Cover reveal: Ultimate Sacrifice by S. E. Green
This month I took part in my first ever cover reveal for Oftomes Publishing!
Birthday Book Haul
Go on, you know you want to see which books I got for my birthday. Who doesn’t love a haul?
Book review: Our Dark Duet by V. E. Schwab
This was one of my most anticipated books of the year so I’m really excited to share my thoughts with you guys.
Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I’ve Read So Far This Year
A round up of the best books I’ve read this year!
- It was my birthday on 9th and I had a wonderful day! My boyfriend and best friend came to stay for the weekend, which was great.
- Over my birthday weekend we went to a farm and I got to stroke a pig, and feed baby goats/deer. It was the best.
- I started my new job and it’s going really well so far. Everyone’s friendly and I feel very welcomed.
- My commute to work is long (two trains and a bus each way) but it means ample reading time; I read three books in the first week.
- We had a heat wave and I was not complaining. It was pretty intense, but I love warm weather so I enjoyed the change of pace.
- I started writing some poetry this month, which I haven’t done for years and, surprisingly, I hate what I’ve read back.
- I discovered an amazing vegan cafe in a town near me and convinced my parents that we should go for lunch. Everything was delicious and the staff were so cheerful!
What did you read this month? Was there anything you want to recommend? Drop me a comment and let me know!