Hello my lovely bumblebees,
Hope you’ve all had a good January! It’s been a very chaotic month in some respects, and although I live in the UK and not the US, it’s been increasingly worrying and horrifying watching Trump take over. So in light of everything that’s been happening, I just want to say that I’m here for you all, whether you live in the US or not and don’t ever forget that you matter.
I’ve had quite a lot of time for reading this month, since I got back from Japan and I manged to read 7 books, which I’m pretty pleased with!
These are the books I had planned to read:
And here are the books I read:
So I started off quite well, and then I diverged a little bit. I can pinpoint the moment of divergence down to the exact moment I walked into my library. (Ha.)
I am also currently reading:
And two of these were on my original January TBR so I haven’t done too badly (I hope!).
A Court of Mist and Fury
Other things that happened in January:
– I came back from Japan
– I got Japan withdrawal symptoms
– I got Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom withdrawal symptoms
– I won a SIGNED PRE-ORDER OF A CONJURING OF LIGHT (possibly the best day ever)
– I managed to swing an ARC of Traitor to the Throne on Netgalley
– I BOUGHT BOOKS after a three month Japan-imposed buying ban (and it was everything)
So all in all it’s been a pretty good month reading-wise. How did your reading month go? Did you read everything you’d planned? Were any of your reads on my list? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you!